SQL (Structured Query Language) , and it is very powerful language use to create databases.
To get started you need to install Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005. We suggest you if you have not software of SQL you can Download from here in download option.
A Database Management System (DBMS) is a software used to store and mange data. A DBMS stores data in databases and uses data models to describe the various ways of organizing data.
A Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) is an advanced version of a DBMS that also defines the relationship between the various data values. Relational Data Base Management Systems (RDBMS) are database management systems that maintain the data records in data tables.
Every organization needs to maintain information related to employees, customers, business partner, or business transactions. Organizations build business applications with a user-friendly interface to store and manipulate this information and to generate reports.
Various Database Management System (DBMS) and relational database management system (RDBMS), such as SQL Server 2005, Oracle, and Sybase, can be use to maintain the information.
Role of a Database Server
Organizatins have always been storing and managing business data. Earlier, organizations used to store the data on paper. With an increase in the usage of computers, organizations began building and using business applications to support the business operations.
Creating a Database
Creating a database inside SQL Express. After installation Microsoft’s SQL Server Management Studio Express.
- Go to Start (Window Button), Click on it.
- Go to Programs, Click on it.
- Click on Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005.
- SQL Server show on the screen.
- Connect to Server Dialog Box appear on the screen.
- Select Server Type:- Database Engine
- Select Server Name:- Which is name of your server.
- Select Authentication:-Windows Authentication
- Click To Connect Button, the server will start to connect, Server is now connect.
- Insert the name of the Database
- Now time to press the New Query located toward the top of the screen, just above the Object Explorer Pane.
- Select Database name which is created you your database name (i.e: Employee), Select it, by default database name is Master Database, select your own database name.
- Lastly you Create your own database Table which is store your own data.